Friday, April 6, 2012

Contest entry video for Bobby McCoy

Last week, I was asked to create a two minute video for one of the assistant pastors of our church.  He is a quadriplegic who uses an accessible van with special hand controls to get around.  His van and specialty equipment is badly in need of replacement, and this month is National Mobility Awareness Month.  The National Mobility Equipment Dealer's Association (NMEDA) is sponsoring a contest that will award three "local heroes" a new accessible van.  A friend of Bobby's asked me to a take his essay, convert it to a script, and shoot an accompanying video.


My friend, David McCauley graciously allowed me to borrow his Canon 60D so I could shoot everything in 1080P.  This was my first real-world shoot with a DSLR, and I loved it.  The image quality was gorgeous, and the form factor was not a challenge to get used to.  I shot everything on tripod, so it didn't feel awkward.  The 60D's swivel LCD made it very easy to not feel tied to the viewfinder.  I could stand next to the camera for interviews and still see the image on screen.  Overall, I was pleased with how it turned out, but it sure is sad having to take a 1080P masterpiece and compress it to YouTube quality.

I've embedded the video below.  Please take the time to vote for Bobby also.  You can vote once a day per person or device until May 13.

VOTE HERE!


No comments:

Post a Comment